Investment Committee Overview and Application Process
The Proximity Institute Investment Committee (IC) consists of five to seven members and supports the Proximity Board in fulfilling its governance responsibilities. The IC is responsible for the oversight and management of Proximity’s financial reserves with the objective of enabling Proximity’s purpose and strategy and protecting its long-term financial position.
- Monitor and report to the Board on the financial performance of Proximity’s investments.
- Review Proximity’s Investment Policy to ensure that its objectives align with the needs of Proximity and recommend amendments to the Board.
- Review investment portfolio returns and determine any action required to meet objectives of the investment program.
- With the assistance of the Investment Advisor, recommend the appropriate strategy for the investments to the Board for approval.
- Approve the appointment and termination of investment manager(s), custodian(s) and other providers of investment related services to achieve the goals of the Investment Policy.
- Experienced in investment strategy, portfolio management, and/or other complex financial environments.
- Intellectually curious with a demonstrated commitment to collaboration and consensus decision-making.
- Prior Canadian not-for-profit Board or Investment Committee experience.
The Investment Committee convenes virtually on a quarterly basis. There is no direct compensation for serving on the Investment Committee. Proximity related business expenses are reimbursed.
At Proximity, we are committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community.
Interested applicants should submit a CV and covering letter describing their motivation for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mails should contain the subject line “Application: Proximity IC Member.”
About Proximity Institute
Proximity Institute is an independent charitable organization dedicated to enabling effective leadership at the most senior level in Ontario hospitals. We seek to understand the contextual realities facing Ontario hospitals and work in partnership with CEOs and their leadership teams on the priorities that matter most. Our long-term ambition is to work collaboratively with hospitals to identify, develop and ready a quality pipeline of emerging CEO talent.
Proximity was founded by the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA).